The World’s Most Inspiring Accountants

We are incredibly proud as a practice to have been selected to be featured in The World's Most Inspiring Accountants by Steve Pipe. Steve and his team researched and interviewed over a hundred thousand accountancy practices from across the world, but after a rigorous 18 month process only 57 of them from 10 countries made [...]

By | April 28th, 2016|Business, Finance, Leadership, News, Uncategorized|0 Comments

How much should you pay yourself?

"How much should I pay myself?" Is probably the question we get asked most often by small business owners and start-ups. Our friends over at Xero.com have put together a really good guide and we are sharing it with you here.   If you’re a new business owner, don’t make the common mistake of confusing [...]

By | April 26th, 2016|Business, Finance, Social Retailing, Uncategorized, Xero|0 Comments

Why you need Abacus Accountancy….

At the very beginning of a new financial year you might be thinking about making some business changes, perhaps you’re considering changing Accountants, but feel it may be too much hassle. Well, believe us when we say, it’s easier than you think. At Abacus Accountancy, as soon as you appoint us as your accountant we [...]

By | April 22nd, 2016|Business, Finance, Uncategorized|0 Comments

Time for a “Business MOT”

We're into a new financial year, so maybe it's time for a "Business MOT". You make sure your car is fit to get you through the year, so why not do the same with your company? Here are the main areas that should be reviewed to make sure you are hitting your targets: 1. Reconcile [...]

By | April 19th, 2016|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Limited Company, Sole Trader or Partnership

So you’ve decided to Start-Up that business idea floating about in your head, and turn it into a reality; you’ve got a name, now you just need an Entity- but which is right? Limited Company, Sole Trader or Partnership? You should assess the types based on your available time, commitment and resources, and consider long-term [...]

By | April 14th, 2016|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Xero, less fuss, more fun

Speak to most small business owners and 99% of them will tell you that keeping on top of their accounts is the bane of their life. Not knowing their numbers, worrying about cashflow are the main gripes. What about the other 1% we hear you ask…..well they obviously have taken our advice and got on-board [...]

By | April 12th, 2016|Business, Finance, Uncategorized, Xero|0 Comments

Tax – It can be Taxing

We all know that businesses need to pay tax, but how many sole traders and small businesses are actually properly advised on what they should be paying? If you're trading as a sole trader or partnership you are eligible to to pay (how much you actually pay is a whole other ball game!!) Income Tax [...]

By | April 8th, 2016|Business, Finance, Uncategorized|0 Comments

Auto Enrolment – ignoring it will cost you £’s

As a small business owner (typically a business employing less than 50 staff), you will have sought all manner of auto enrolment advice, but have you considered the actual costs involved and most importantly have you carried out a review of your company budget to accommodate these costs. For the first few years of auto enrolment, [...]

By | April 5th, 2016|Business, Finance, Uncategorized|0 Comments

It’s the weekend, top up your fuel tank.

The weekend is here and successful business owners know that good habits don’t start on Monday, end on Friday. They expect to work longer hours than anyone else, but they also know that they have to fuel that success. Why not use the weekend to top up your fuel tank and ensure you can make [...]

By | April 1st, 2016|Business, Creative, Design, Finance, Leadership, Uncategorized|0 Comments